Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Holy Wars

Church - Mitro
And they said you must believe as I believe
And they said the way I believe is God's word
And they said my God says kill all that do not honor me.
And they said those that cannot, have not heard his word.
And I said what kind of God is this to believe?
And I said because I believe that you must have misunderstood.
And I said God would never ask us to kill.
or to be in any way, forced or coerced.
And I said is God not all mercy?
And I said is God not all love?
And I said we all have our own God's, or not
And I said that's the way it was set up
And I said we were all born with free choice.
And I said it starts with being able to choose
And that choice should include Gods to believe in 
and in not being condemned for that choice
-Mitro

Post script for all that sighed with relief that they would never kill, is not condemning, even in ones mind , others to eternal hell for not believing in kind, in it of itself, a small holy war?
-Mitro 


For additional reading I suggest a wonderfully articulated novel on this subject by Sam Harris, a true master.
The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason
by Sam Harris

 "The End of Faith articulates the dangers and absurdities of organized religion so fiercely and so fearlessly that I felt relieved as I read it, vindicated....Harris writes what a sizable number of us think, but few are willing to say."―Natalie Angier, ?New York Times 





Featured Post

Red Car

Red Car Red Car - Mitro Careening down the middle the road the car looked like it was drunk I've never seen a drunk car but there...