Thursday, September 10, 2020

Market Place in Cairo With a Boy a Monkey and Bananas

The Horse Jumped Over the Moon / Jay Leno on a Rocking Horse - Mitro

The turgid air felt heavy on my skin
and I was not the only one who felt it
the marketplace was filled with strange people milling about and talking nonsense
I made my way to the front of the line and asked
have you seen a small boy about this size  gesturing with my hands
I am met with disbelief  a scornful glance that burns me with its fever
and looks askance of my sanity
a boy that small all alone in this breathing heaving mass of humanity
if it was so and he was here
he would have been taken long ago
I panic I
turn
and there on top of a huge bunch of bananas
playing with a monkey
is the boy, my boy and I say it's time to go home
-Mitro 

Featured Post

Red Car

Red Car Red Car - Mitro Careening down the middle the road the car looked like it was drunk I've never seen a drunk car but there...