Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Drinking Wine on Bourbon Street




Two fat cats sat like totem poles
each too short to see
rainbow bracelets on their knee
drinking jasmine tea
what a tack to take with me
it almost worked yeah sure
but then suddenly
what was this
enough to start a war
two brown monkeys beguiling with
I had the take the fifth
it all went down on Bourbon street
except we were drinking wine
who'd of thunk it would matter so much
to yours and mine and thine
a maypole dances gay-ai-ly
perhaps a little drunk
a silver basin sits beside, for those who need a dunk
a  small Japanese boy calls out to me, where then will you dine
entwined and entailing our heart with theirs
and I really did not mind
a cage of books
a jar of cheese
a pretty little maid
sometimes that is all it takes
to place a man in his grave
so I gave up the books
I gave up the cheese
but I could not give up the maid
and now I sit in golden years
and wonder at the stares
I can't believe I ended here
peering at peeling stairs
but still I can't really complain
there is a beautiful breeze
and an old man such as myself, has no one left to please

Featured Post

Red Car

Red Car Red Car - Mitro Careening down the middle the road the car looked like it was drunk I've never seen a drunk car but there...