Saturday, March 26, 2016

Put Christ Back in Christmas



A trip down the street
and whatta  I see
bunches of  people looking at me
a woman in a pilgrims hat
hollers out hello
I crouch down on the pavement
proving how low I can go
I write with colored chalk 
having fun while others walk the walk
a man is marching to music in his head
a woman stands holding a bone
while I wonder about Easter
will I have to spend it alone
a multitude of multiples
and then a car speeds by
it's covered with tattoos
aka bumper stickers
announcing, practically screaming
put Christ back in Christmas
and I get indignant
who took him out
children in red silk pajamas
clamor to see the moon
they heard it can talk
because it holds a man
perhaps it holds Santa Claus

Featured Post

Red Car

Red Car Red Car - Mitro Careening down the middle the road the car looked like it was drunk I've never seen a drunk car but there...